Gratitude Sunday – 12 May 2013
Welcome to Sunday! Time for my weekly list of favourite gratefuls – feel free to share yours, too, if you feel a pull to do so!
I’m so appreciative of…
- The gorgeous autumnal colours of my city (see pic above) – this is one of the reasons why I chose to live here!
- The unseasonal warmth we’ve experienced this week. This time last year I was wearing scarves and coats and waiting for school pick-up with a hot-water bottle on my lap (although I do like that!). It’s been like spring here, which is unexpected but very welcome.
- The hairdresser trying a new (natural) hair colour on my hair – thankfully, it looks fantastic!
- Having an early Mother’s Day treat – breakfast in bed, followed by handmade cards and beautiful gifts. It was so great to see how excited the girls were to make it a special day for me. I am so very, very blessed.
- Knowing there will be lovely big chunk of money coming my way next week.
Have a wonderful week, and remember to keep an eye out for things that you ordinarily don’t acknowledge, but that you realise are blessings in your life…
Feel Great = Attract ‘Good Stuff’ of Life
Feeling great means you not only have energy to DO more in life – it also means that you’ll naturally start attracting ‘good things’ (like great relationships, money… [insert whatever floats YOUR boat here!]).
Now, you might still need to work on your mindset, and clear any limiting beliefs you have, but having healthy high vibration puts you a step ahead of most people when it comes to attracting the bounties of life.
So, tell me. How’s your health right now? Perhaps it’s OK? Or so-so? Or maybe pretty awful?
If so, could you do with a little inspiration and hard-core, real-life health information to get you on the right track?
Over three informative teleseminars, the good doctor shares information on how hormones are affecting your health, and what you can do about it.
Dr Ritamarie, like me, believes in the healing and energetic powers of raw food, and she uses living foods (as well as targeted supplementation) as the basis for her work with clients.
Calls 1 and 2 of the Shine teleseries have already taken place, but if you hurry, you can still sign up and access those calls, and have access to the final, upcoming call.
I’ve been a client of Dr Ritamarie’s before, and even I’m learning something new on these calls!
Sounds good, doesn’t it – feeling fantastic so that you not only enjoy life, but also boost your vibration and attract even more amazing experiences. It’s a ‘win’ x 1,000,000.
Gratitude Sunday – 5 May 2013
Big thanks are in order to the universe this week, as with every other week!
What am I grateful for? Here are five of my faves:
- Finding perfect Mother’s Day gifts for my mum and mum-in-law – I love spoiling our mums.
- Watching with awe as my girls grow into such lovely, mature, sensible-yet-crazy, articulate, loving young women.
- My mum teaching the girls German via Skype video.
- The delight I’m getting out of taking part in the 29 Gifts challenge – the flowers above were a gift I created out of blooms and buds from our garden, to give to a neighbour who hasn’t been feeling 100% lately.
- My hubster Darren ‘picking up the slack’ while I worked long hours this week. He’s a keeper!
How about you? What can you think of, from the past week, that you really feel grateful for? If you care to share, do so in the comments below. See you soon!
Do You Stop Money Coming In?
Now, I’m sure you read that headline and thought, ‘whoa, not me, man. I’m MORE than happy to take any money that’s sent my way, thank you very much’.
But are you quite sure about that?
Let me show you a number of ways in which you could be holding up a ‘stop’ sign to money that’s trying to come to you…
1. You feel a bit scared about how you might handle more money coming in.
Hey, this is completely understandable. When you have a regular, set amount coming in, it feels safe. You can manage it. But when large amounts come in, it can make you feel a bit out of control (I know this from experience). It can be pretty overwhelming, because you’re worried that you might make the wrong decision with that extra money. You’re worried that you might squander it, and while the thought of wasting it makes you feel queasy, you also want to enjoy the freedom (experiences and ‘things’) that extra money can bring.
What to do about it: Decide that when extra money arrives (above and beyond the amount that normally comes in), you’ll only spend up to 15% of that extra amount. The rest will be sent straight into a savings account, to be used for investing, or it could go into paying off debt. You’ll feel much more in control, and this will be a welcoming vibration for extra money, let me tell you. This tip is worth its weight in gold!
2. You don’t appreciate what money you do have.
This is a biggie. You’ve been told SO many times that we have it good compared to people in third-world countries, and it’s true. If you have access to a computer, if you can eat three meals a day, if you can run a car… (even if you live ‘on the edge’ with paying for these things sometimes) then you really ARE wealthy.
What to do about it: Look with fresh eyes at the money and other forms of abundance that come into your life, and truly appreciate them for the blessings that they are. The energy of money will respond in kind by wanting to give you more to appreciate…
3. You don’t want money to change you into a horrible person.
You might say that you want more money, but if you think that people who have money are snobby and cheap (and you don’t like the idea of being snobby or cheap), why would you want to become one of them?
What to do about it: Realise that YOU get to call the shots when you have more money. You can decide to be a rich person who is kind and generous! There are already a few great wealthy role models out there – think Oprah, Bill Gates… Start thinking of yourself as a kind, generous wealthy person who respects money AND people.
4. You don’t realise that there are money-making opportunities right under your nose.
We can all be a bit blinkered when it comes to ways of having money come to us. Many of us dream of winning the lottery so that it comes easily, but you actually have more money-making power than you realise. When you put a limit on how money can come to you (that is, it should be through a lottery or competition, or your boss should pay you more), you make it less easy for money to come to you through other means.
What to do about it: sit down and write out a list of at least 20 things you could do to bring in more money. Even if you have a J-O-B, there are other skills you have that could be used to create extra money, you have items you could sell, and you may have ‘thoughtless’ spending habits that could be reined in a little without making you feel constricted.
Bonus tip: keep track of every cent or penny of income that comes your way. Remember: ‘energy flows where attention goes’. To get you started, head here to download my free Rich Radiant Real Money-Flow Tracker, which includes a worksheet for recording weekly income (you could amend it to record daily income, if you like!).
Do any of the above points resonate with you? If so, take a few minutes to jot down your thoughts and ideas, and then implement, implement, implement – and keep me posted on what happens for you!
By changing your money mindset, you change your vibration to be one that money loves to be around. It actually wants to hang out with you, but it won’t come where it’s not welcome. When you’re really conscious about money, everything starts to change…
© Joanne Newell, 2013 Would you like to use this article in your ezine or on your blog or website? You certainly may, as long as you include the following at the end of the article: Joanne Newell, of Rich Radiant Real coaching, publishes the Your Abundant Life fre*e monthly ezine, designed to inspire you to create the life of your dreams. For even more inspiration, head to www.richradiantreal.com to grab your complimentary guide called 7 Ways to Recharge Your Vibration & Attract the Riches of Life.
Will You Give 29 Gifts?
I just had to tell you about this – a Facebook friend of mine recently started a challenge whereby she decided to give a gift every day, to any person, for 29 days in a row.
I became increasingly intrigued by her Facebook updates each day, and so I looked a little further into why she was undertaking this challenge.
She had supplied links to her inspiration – to a website called 29-Day Giving Challenge – so I clicked on through and had a look.
There’s SUCH an amazing story behind how all of this started. Watch this video for an inspirational overview:
Cami, the lady who began it all, has also written a book – 29 Gifts: How a Month of Giving Can Change Your Life – that explains even more (there’s a Kindle version available, for instant download).
Putting our focus on how much we have to offer, on how much we can contribute to the joy and wellbeing of others, is SO powerful. It really does make you feel good to do something surprising or lovely for someone, doesn’t it? Win-win, I say!
I was so inspired by my Facebook friend’s creativity, and her obvious delight with the challenge, that I’ve decided to undertake my very own 29 Gifts challenge! From Wednesday 1 May I will be giving a gift every day, and I’ll be posting my progress on Facebook.
How about you? Do you feel drawn to join me? Gosh, imagine the ripple effect if we all did this, and our friends and family saw us and became inspired and THEY did it, too…
PS These gifts don’t have to cost money (although they can) – they can also just be acts of love! If you decide to take up this challenge, let me know in the comments below!
Gratitude Monday – 29 April 2013
What do you really appreciate about your life from the past week?
Here’s a list of my ‘favourite five’ from this week – feel free to share your gratefuls, too, in the comments below!
- Spending time with friends at a special high tea at the state library, in the beautiful Red Rotunda room. Great fun with friends, opulent surroundings, scrumptious food – really, what could be better?
- Getting to help a school mum prepare for the creation of our children’s school’s upcoming cookbook. It’s always wonderful to be able to share my publishing and authoring experience with people!
- Having a wonderful, in-person ‘Create Your Dream Life’ VIP Day with a client, Sadaf (pictured above). Such an exciting day. And to keep our vibration humming, we fueled ourselves with raw yummies and green juice! If you’d love a whole day for yourself, to focus on your dreams and create a real-life action plan for making them come true, head here to discover more…
- Have my office flooded with the aroma of fragrant David Austin roses from our garden. Heavenly!
- Almost ‘balmy’ weather on Saturday – perhaps the last of our warm days before winter? I turned around a chair in our loungeroom so that I could sit and take advantage of the northern sun coming through the window. I basked in that live-giving sunshine for ages…
Have a wonderful week, won’t you? My ezine will be coming out on Wednesday morning my time, so make sure you’re signed up, OK? (See the sign-up box on the top right of this page.) There’s a FAB recipe in this edition. See you soon!
Money’s Deeper Purpose
Have you ever read Lynne Twist’s book called The Soul of Money: Reclaiming the Wealth of Our Inner Resources?
It’s such a beautifully written, articulate, passionate book (I swear she’s channelling God), with such a powerful message. If you haven’t already read it, then you MUST do so.
Until then, I thought you might like to see the above 10-minute video (watch it while having your lunch!), which outlines some of the philosophies that appear in the book.
I’ve chosen some quotes from the video that especially spoke to my soul:
We can give soul to money in the way that we earn it, in the way that we spend it, in the way that we save it, in the way that we invest it, in the way that we contribute it.
We can move money… and keep it flowing towards the good, towards the highest, towards the deepest commitments of the human family and of all species.
You don’t need to have piles of money to be a philanthropist… we can use our financial resources to nourish the world in which we live.
‘Sufficiency’ is the exquisite experience of ‘enough’.
You can’t reach prosperity or abundance through the doorway of ‘more’. ‘More’ will always give you lack and make you want more, and then you’ll get it and it will suddenly become not enough and then you’ll want more. More always generates lack in your experience.
When you make a difference with what you already have, it expands.
Gratitude, gratefulness, thanksgiving, appreciation… and in that grace and space, everything expands before your very eyes.
The word prosperous comes from ‘hopeful’ and ‘full of possibility’ – pro-sperity.
If you struggle with money, you’ll love Lynne’s approach. We don’t need to chase money, nor should we squander it or hoard it. And money (a concept created by humans!) can be such a wonderful spiritual teacher.
What are you waiting for? Watch the video, and invest in the book!
Gratitude Sunday – 21 April 2013
Gosh, I can’t believe it’s nearly the end of April. Christmas will be here before we know it! But before then, there’s a whole lot of livin’ to do.
In the continued spirit of focusing on things for which we’re grateful, here’s my list of top five ‘gratefuls’ from this week – may this inspire you to appreciate all the ‘good stuff’ in your life!
- Having some friends over for afternoon tea after school – we feasted on a few scrummy foods, including the glowing rockmelon (cantelope) and strawbs in the above pic. So lovely to catch up on the news from our friends’ recent holiday to Sydney.
- Arranging for a client to join me for an in-person ‘Create Your Dream Life’ VIP Day next week!
- Having fun at my little cousin’s 6th birthday party – and my hubby Darren doing so much to help make the party a success (he’s our resident ‘Jamie Oliver’, and was helping keep the kids fed and watered).
- Watching a positive show – ‘The Voice’ – with my family. So great to see a show where people who put themselves ‘out there’ are encouraged and not chastised.
- Feeling so very, very blessed to have a special, beautiful family, great health, a full refrigerator and a lovely, comfortable home, and to be doing work that I love.
Have a wonderful week, won’t you? (Oh, and feel free to leave a comment below, should you wish to share your ‘gratefuls’.)
How to Get from Chaos to Clarity
If you’re a regular Rich Radiant Real reader, I have no doubt that you have dreams that you want to achieve (receive), and a lot of exciting projects or plans on the boil.
But do you sometimes feel so overwhelmed by all of your projects that your chest feels tight, your breathing becomes strained, and your brain flits from one unfinished thought to another?
Perhaps you also have a feeling of desperation, dread or anxiety because you’re so frustrated at how slowly you’re progressing? (You know, the feeling that you’re trying to run through quicksand?)
Well then, you’re me.
I have felt like that pretty often in the past, and even recently I felt that way again. At times like those I call myself ‘The Muddle-headed Mummy’. Fuzzy-headed and unsure of which way to turn, but wanting to get everything done, nonetheless!
I had all my priorities mapped out, and had a very well-thought-out, achievable to-do list, but I’d fallen into some less-than-helpful habits that meant my productivity was low and my anxiety was high. I was getting distracted and was constantly following ‘bright shiny objects’.
So what did I do? I looked carefully at those habits, and I decided to change them.
I decided to implement three simple disciplines – these are personal to me and are related to my work goals, but perhaps you can see yourself in one or two of these?
- I stopped turning on my computer and checking emails as soon as I got up (unless I wanted to connect with peeps in a different time zone). Then I wasn’t being sent down endless, distracting rabbit holes of thought by the messages in my inbox.
- I decided to clear the kitchen properly after breakfast, instead of leaving that less-than-exciting job until after I’d done some more-important ‘real’ work. (Clearing clutter helps you to think straight and can help attract prosperity – for tips with this, head here.)
- I decided to only check non-work websites twice a day, at any time of my choosing, and for only 30 minutes each time (believe me, in my overwhelm I used to procrastinate by ‘relaxing’ and regularly browsing non-work sites!)
It was such a relief to put these deceptively simple habits into place, and my productivity is now through the roof… and my feelings of overwhelm are virtually non-existent.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed by all that you want to do with your one, precious life, what are you going to do about it? (Leave a comment below – I’d love to know!)
Millionaire Mentors Share Their Wisdom
The process of creating and attracting money is actually a process of personal growth.
But, being a regular reader of the Rich Radiant Real blog, you already knew that, didn’t you?!
The million-dollar journey can be long and winding (if we choose it to be), but if we’re smart, we’ll follow the guidance of others who have gone before us. We’ll learn and apply some of their shortcuts, all while knowing that it’s OUR journey and we will still make ‘mistakes’.
I recently came across a phenomenal series of books called ‘The Millionaire Books’. These books follow the stories of ordinary Australians who have ‘created extraordinary lives for themselves and their families’.
I’ve loved reading this particular book (I’ve yet to try the others), because it chronicles the journey of each millionaire in their own words, giving us the ‘warts and all’ version of what they experienced along their journey, along with heaps of wisdom and guidance.
Do you know, a regular habit that cropped up frequently throughout the stories was that of people using vision boards and affirmations. See! They really work!
I think I’ll read the ‘Ms Millionaire’ book next – how about you? Do you spot any that pique your interest from The Millionaire Books’ series?
It’s so exciting to share finds like these with you. Hope you like this series!