Is It Wrong to Love Money?
You’ve probably heard the old saying that ‘money is the root of all evil’, and its counterclaim, quoting from the Bible, that it is actually the LOVE of money that is ‘a root of all kinds of evil’.
What are your thoughts on this?
Do you want to know mine?
Well, I believe that everything in our world is made up of energy, and that money is just one form of energy.
It’s a form of energy that was created by humans (and the Universe!), and it’s for our use.
I also believe that love is a very strong form of energy (in the end, it’s many times stronger than its enemy – fear), and that, when we express love, we attract even more love into our lives.
So, it follows that if we love money, we will attract love ‘back’ from money.
The problem comes when we love money MORE than we love people, animals or our planet.
I believe that money is a tool, and that it can work for US when we love and respect it. We can use it to help ourselves and others, to look after animals and to heal and enrich planet Earth.
I feel that our society is turning a corner when it comes to our ‘relationship’ with money – we are turning it from an obsessive, greed-driven relationship to one where we consider the WAY in which we create money and also consider how it’s put to use.
There’s no longer a need to acquire money ‘at any cost’, or to acquire it simply to boost one’s ego. That’s soooo 1987, Gordon Gekko.
So that’s my take – it’s not wrong to love money. It can do incredibly good things in the world, and its use is within our power.
My advice is to love, respect and enjoy money, and to know that you are in command. Use money for the highest good of everyone and everything, and appreciate all of the valuable life lessons that it can teach you.
PS I’d love to know your thoughts on this issue. Leave a comment below!
Win This Life-Changing Book
There are many personal-development books out there, but few are as personal and heartfelt as this gorgeous, newly released book by Fabienne Fredrickson.
Real-life stories bond us to the storyteller, and remind us of our shared human experience – and we can learn valuable life lessons by seeing how others have dealt with situations that may be so close to experiences of our own.
In this book, Fabienne courageously reveals stories from her past that many of us can relate to, and shows the mindset that she now lives from, a mindset that is continually creating an amazing life (including owning and running a multimillion-dollar company that is changing lives around the world, and having wonderful relationships with her husband and children).
If you’re ready to see that your past needn’t hold you back from creating a beautiful future that you love, then this book is for you. You CAN go ahead and purchase Embrace Your Magnificence: Get Out of Your Own Way and Live a Richer, Fuller, More Abundant Lifefrom Amazon, but I actually ordered an extra paperback copy just for you when I ordered mine – would you like to win it?
If so, simply leave your answer to this question in the comments below (by Friday 8 November):
Tell me three things about you (or your life) that truly are magnificent!
I’ll let you know if you’re the winner of the book – and remember, much like the game of life, you’ve got to be in it to win it!
Gratitude Tuesday – 29 October 2013
Well, hello there! It’s been just over three weeks since I last posted on the blog – how have you been?
It’s been an intensely busy three weeks for me, but I’m so glad to be back! I thought I’d share a few of my recent ‘gratefuls’ to inspire you to look for gratefuls in your own life, too. Here’s my little list:
- Seeing the gorgeous ‘snowball tree’ in full bloom at my gran’s house (see the pic above). I am SO GRATEFUL that spring is here and that summery weather is on the way.
- Laughing at old photos with my gran and aunt. We seemed to have a penchant for taking photos of my mum and gran in their dressing gowns, at random moments!
- Having a wonderful in-person ‘Dynamic Money Mindset’ VIP day with a gorgeous client – I love working with heart-centred clients who are really ready to make changes.
- Receiving unexpected money – thank you, Universe!
- Getting to snuggle and chat with my girls each night before they go to bed. We have some of the best conversations.
- Receiving a very special book from Amazon – if you’d like to win a copy, make sure you’re a Rich Radiant Real subscriber and I’ll soon let you know via email what the book is and how you can win it! (Simply submit your name and email address in the box on the top right of this webpage.)
- One of my favourite TV shows – Escape to the Country – coming back to our screen.
I’m also putting in a pre-emptive gratitude request with the Universe – I took cuttings of the snowball tree when I was at my gran’s, and am hoping (with all fingers and toes crossed) that the cuttings will take hold. I’d love to grow my own snowball tree, knowing that it is from that original tree. So many precious memories from time spent at my gran’s house…
I’ll be in touch – keep smiling (or, perhaps, start smiling?!) and remember to keep gratitude top of mind, won’t you? It really makes that much difference! Mwuh!
Gratitude Monday – 7 October 2013
Whooosh! What happened to the last week? Didn’t it just fly by? (Note to self: slow down and smell the roses, baby!)
Here’s my list of ‘gratefuls’ for this past week-and-a-bit – feel free to leave a few of your own in the comments below:
- Spending fun time with my mum, gran, aunt, little cousin, daughters and hubster with a few days together at Torquay. Walks on the beach, evenings of Downton Abbey, and laughs galore (many of these while filming the movie that Evie and Bella had scripted for us).
- Our neighbours collecting our mail for us while we were away (helping prevent soggy mail, with all the rain that Ballarat has been receiving).
- Having a great Skype video chat with a colleague who lives in Perth. We bounced around so many great ideas, and swapped links to videos that make us laugh!
- A store manager calling us to let us know that she’d found Bella’s beautiful, special bracelet, which she’d lost over a week ago while in their store. It was a precious bracelet to Bella, because it was the one she was wearing when she last saw my granddad (her great-granddad) before he died. I nearly cried when the lady rang with the great news!
- Having a picnic with my family in the fresh air of Kirk’s Reservoir (a part of the gardens features in the pic above). I really appreciate all the effort that was put into creating the gardens all those years ago.
Have a wonderful week, won’t you?
Do You Know How to Win Friends & Influence People?
Let’s say you’ve been following me and my law-of-attraction-based success teachings for a little while.
You’ve created a swoon-worthy vision board, written inspiring affirmations, visualised in Technicolour umpteen times a day, cleared your subconscious blocks and taken massive, aligned action in the real world… but your results still aren’t quite what you were after?
Then let this article be the nudge from the universe that you’ve been asking for.
I’m here to reveal a secret that will make ALL the difference…
You might have some clue about this secret by the not-so-subtle headline above – if you develop your skills in winning friends and influencing people, all sorts of opportunities will make themselves known to you.
It makes sense, doesn’t it? If you’re able to connect with more people in a heartfelt way then your business will flourish. People will buy from you, and they’ll refer their contacts to you. If you work for an employer, you’ll be gaining the trust of that employer, who will keep you in mind for promotions and raises, and you’ll also gain respect and trust (and repeat business) from your employer’s clients.
And, really, aren’t we all here to help each other anyway? Isn’t that part of what makes our journey on this planet so very, very rewarding?
When you truly, deeply, authentically connect with another human being, it feels wonderful, and it creates trust.
So, how can you become a master ‘people person’ who makes friends and connections easily, and who is able to influence others (for their highest good)? With the bonus of seeing all areas of your life flourish?
All I can say is, read this book – How to Win Friends & Influence People, by Dale Carnegie.
It’s very reasonably priced, but it’s worth its weight in gold. Put its timeless principles into practice and you’ll start to see an increase not only in your self-worth, but in your NET worth.
I’ve actually been teaching my nearly 11-year-old girls the principles of this book, and we’ve been putting them into practice in the real world. I’ve noticed my girls becoming so confident in asking people about their lives, rather than always expecting that others will do all the asking in a conversation. I love teaching them a potent skill that will pay them dividends for the rest of their lives.
People love to be paid attention to – it’s the ultimate compliment. They love to be listened to – REALLY listened to – and understood. When you become genuinely interested in other people, you’ll experience so many rich rewards.
So, there’s the golden nugget that you’ve been searching for. Living the principles of How to Win Friends & Influence People will raise your vibration and make you happier, more fulfilled, and more successful in every way.
PS If you already have this book and think you know its principles already, I’d encourage you to take it off your bookshelf and read it again. And let me know what changes happen for you after you apply its wisdom!
Gratitude Friday – 27 September 2013
Friday, Friday, Friday, we do indeed love you.
Here I am, sharing my five favourite ‘gratefuls’ from this week, to inspire you to look out for your own. Here they are:
- The school holidays having finally arrived – being able to spend time with my two babies has been wonderful (that’s them in the photo above, preparing dinner one night and wearing their new glasses).
- My gorgeous hubster taking over many household chores while I got through one of the busiest weeks of my working life!
- The chance to put together scrumptious goodie bags for my ‘Dynamic Money Mindset’ VIP days – it’s almost as much fun as choosing Christmas gifts for family!
- The weather warming up, little by little…
- All of the amazing mentors that I’ve had the chance to learn from over the years. Thank you for leading the way.
Wishing you a truly fabulous weekend. Give yourself a hug, and then stretch your arms out wide to thank Spirit for all of the gifts in your life. Oh, and feel free to leave YOUR list of gratefuls (or ‘greatfuls’) in the comments below!
Think Big & Receive Big
If you’ve been playing small and safe lately, then I have a great quote for you:
A person is a product of his own thoughts. Believe big. Adjust your thermostat forward. Launch your success offensive with honest, sincere belief that you can succeed. Believe big and grow big.
Now, who do you think said that? It was this cheery chap, many years ago:
David J Schwartz is the author of The Magic of Thinking Big, a classic personal development book that you simply must read (if you haven’t already).
Living a comfortable life feels soothing, for a while at least… but then we start to feel stale, and in need of being ‘stretched’. That’s where thinking big comes in – and doesn’t it feel exhilarating when we think of all the experiences we could have?
I recently set a breathtaking new monthly income goal for my business, and to have done so feels phenomenal. I know that I’ll be expanding my own experiences in stretching for that goal, and I’ll be able to help even more people – not only through my business, but by being able to give even more money away.
What would thinking big mean to you?
Bye-Bye Brain Fog (and More!)
I’ve found that if your health ain’t up to par – you know, feeling tired/exhausted and foggy-brained – then you just can’t attract and create in a big way.
It makes sense, doesn’t it?
And wouldn’t it be worth getting your health back on track, so that you can have peak performance AND feel fantastic enough to enjoy the rewards of life?
If you’ve had enough of feeling awful, I want to let you know that a health practitioner whom I trust implicitly – Dr Ritamarie Loscalzo – is offering you the chance to discover five cutting-edge strategies to balance your blood sugar and say ‘bye-bye’ to belly fat, brain fog and burnout! (It could well be that your blood sugar is at the root of your current health issues.)
Dr Ritamarie is offering a free, live webinar next week, on Friday 4 October Aussie Eastern time (Thursday 3 October if you’re in the US) to show you what you can do to start turning things around.
I actually took part in this course a couple of years ago, and it was truly phenomenal (my family has a history of Type 2 diabetes on my mum’s side, so I’m keenly aware of the importance of keeping blood sugar levels healthy). Dr Ritamarie knows her stuff, and she makes all the science-y stuff so easy to understand and apply.
Head here to register for her free webinar (which also gives you access to five free videos). She’s so generous!
I raise a glass of low-carb green juice to you and your mission to look after your most valuable asset – your health.
Gratitude Monday – 16 September 2013
Spring has sprung, the grass has riz… it’s almost feeling like spring here in Ballarat! It may only be a top of 14 degrees Celsius here today, but the sun was shining earlier!
How’s the weather in your part of the world? More importantly, what’s your reaction to the weather in your part of the world? Do you always try to look for the good in any weather? Developing the habit of ‘looking for the good’ (in anything) can take time, but it’s SO worth it.
To inspire you, here are five things that I found to be ‘good’ in my life from the past week or so:
- Finding a lovely new navy blouse to wear this summer (with pants that I purchased in the end-of-summer sales in January!).
- The wonderful response I’ve received to my Dynamic Money Mindset VIP days – I’ve opened up some spaces for these very special, transformative days from late October, so contact me at email@example.com if you’re interested in learning more.
- Knowing that the charity fundraising recipe book that I’ve been helping to proofread is nearly complete – yay! It’s going to be spectacular!
- Seeing the incredible bond between my twin daughters. It must be so special to be a twin.
- The money that keeps flooding into my life!
If you feel comfortable doing so, I’d love for you to share just a few of your ‘gratefuls’ – the universe loves recognition, so put it out there! Just leave a comment below.
PS My regular mid-month boost email went out to my subscribers today. If you’re not already a subscriber and you’d love to receive boosts of inspiration and practical information direct to your in-box, simply enter your name and email address in the boxes at the top right of this webpage. I look forward to connecting with you!
If You’re an Entrepreneur, This is for You!
One of the best ways to increase your wealth is to be an entrepreneur. If the term ‘entrepreneur’ feels a little grandiose to you, and perhaps you see yourself as ‘just a business owner’, then that’s fine, too – you’re still very well placed to be in control of your financial future.
If you’re an ONLINE entrepreneur, then you’ll know that your subscribers are the lifeblood of your business (I’d recommend having multiple streams of income, which can be started with an email list… but that’s a conversation for another time!).
If you’d like to discover how to ramp up the number of subscribers who are on your ‘list’, then I highly recommend checking out this free series of training videos by one of my mentors, Derek Fredrickson of Client Attraction.
Derek’s ‘Client Attraction List Building’ videos show you how to authentically grow your email subscriber list so that you can help more people and grow your profits exponentially. With over 75,000 subscribers and over $4 million annually in revenue, the team at Client Attraction are definitely doing something right!
Head here to see an introductory email from Derek (he’s such a nice guy) and see exactly what you’ll receive in this free video training series.
Remember, the bigger and more specific your list, the bigger an impact you’ll be able to make – on the lives of others, and in your own life.