Archive for The Book of Awesome
The Book of Awesome
Every now and then, a special book comes along, one that instantly lifts your spirits and makes you laugh out loud.
The Book of Awesome is definitely one of those books!
Based on the blog 1000awesomethings.com, and written by ‘regular guy’ Neil Pasricha, this recently published book is making people smile the world over. It’s been out since April in the US, but a few days ago was released in Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
I love books that revel in the glorious, heartwarming, serendipitous things that we come across in our human experience – and that’s the essence of my philosophy here at Rich Radiant Real! Sometimes it’s great to have a reminder about things that make you feel good.
You’ve gotta read this book – here are some of my favourite ‘awesomes’ from within its pages:
- Remembering what movie that guy is from
- Celebrating your pet’s birthday even though they have no idea what’s going on
- That friendly nod between strangers out doing the same thing
- Finding out your birthday is on a Friday or Saturday this year (note from Joanne: that’s true for me this year! Although it’s also the day of our federal election, so I’ll have to leave my gift-filled, breakfast-in-bed tray to go vote, unless I get organised and do a postal vote!)
And my absolute favourite from this book (drum roll, please):
- Laughing so hard you make no sound at all
(note from Joanne: you KNOW what that’s like!)
There are a gazillion other ‘awesomes’ in this book – each one gets further explanation, and the descriptions are hilarious.
If you need a lift, and a darn good giggle, definitely get this book!
- US version: The Book of Awesome: Snow Days, Bakery Air, Finding Money in Your Pocket, and Other Simple, Brilliant Things
- UK version: The Book of Awesome